[Grants] Grant Application from Robyn Willison for E-Textiles Course

Linux Australia Website admin-team at linux.org.au
Sun Sep 4 20:56:15 AEST 2022

Your Email Address: robyn at robynspcs.com
Project name: E-Textiles Course
Aim of the project: 6 week course to introduce cosplayers and others to Arduino and E-Textiles using the Little Bird EagLED board. EagLED is Littlebird Electronics' wearables/e-textiles development kit. It is a complete Arduino compatible microcontroller that has LEDs, Light Sensor, Push Button and Buzzer built into a snippable board. It is a lower cost, fully featured alternative to the Lilypad Protosnap.
https://littlebirdelectronics.com.au/products/eagled-little-bird-e-textile-snippable-board-with-buzzer
Estimated cost breakdown of the project: 290.00 10 x EagLED boards from Little Bird Electronics
 15.00 10 x Battery holder
 17.60 10 x Momentary Switches
  5.95 10 x LEDs
  3.30  5 x JST Breakout for E-Textiles
  9.80 10 x AAA battery holder
 87.48  1 x Conductive Thread - 60g
 16.05  5 x LilyPad Slide Switch
 23.56  4 x LilyPad Rainbow LED
 43.10  5 x LilyPad Pixel Board
150.00      Honorarium for Tutor
-------
661.84 + postage
-------
Extension Parts to play with
------------------
Resistor pack
Capacitor pack
Breadboards
LEDs
Small Aligator clip test leads
Sensor pack
Grant amount $800
Project team details: Robyn Willison 32 years computer hardware/software repair. Diploma in Communication and Electronics Engineering and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. I have been using Open Source software for 23 years and have been a part of the community in Australia for that time.
First Name: Robyn
Last Name: Willison
Email Address: robyn at robynspcs.com
A statement including a willingness to provide regular project updates on the project: Participants will be using linux laptops during workshop, we will discuss open and closed hardware. Info will be provided about desktop linux for home/artists use. Participants can take advantage of other FOSS at Makerspace and will be encouraged to join Makerspace or come along to follow up workshops or join our textiles group UTAG.
Linux Australia will be promoted through social media, Makerspace website, and our newsletter.
We can produce updates throughout the 6 weeks of the course, with pictures and written details.