[Grants] Grant Application from Pauline Clague for Online Indigenous Womens Possum Skin Cloak Making Workshops

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Mon Sep 28 09:52:21 AEST 2020

While this sounds like a very worthwhile activity in ensuring the
preservation of Indigenous knowledges, and in creating social capital in
Indigenous communities, I'm struggling a little to draw the connection
with open source, open access and open culture. For example, will this
online platform be an open access platform built on open source
technology? Would the materials in the platform be available under an
open access license? Would the materials be in Language - aiding
Language preservation efforts? How would this project build re-usable
assets for the Australasian open source community? How might this
project help ensure greater participation and access to open source
communities and their benefits for Indigenous peoples? How would this
project help to de-colonise the Australian open source community?

Those are the linkages I would expect to see in a Linux Australia grant
application.

With kind regards,

Kathy Reid