[Grants] Grant request: Linux Australia Contribution to the Promote Drupal Fund

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Tue May 8 19:29:51 AEST 2018

Looking at Xero raw profit and loss, the figures are below.

These do not take into account the around-$AUD-11-per-head that we get
each event to budget for to help cover the costs that Linux Australia
absorbs centrally such as insurance, merchant fees, bank fees, auditing
and accounts. For say a 300-person event this would be around $AUD 3300.

  * DrupalCamp Sydney 2014 - $AUD 416.69 net profit
  * DrupalSouth Wellington 2014 - $AUD 25,426.84 net profit
  * DrupalSouth Melbourne 2015 - $AUD 38,542.32 net profit
  * DrupalSouth Gold Coast 2016 - $AUD 60,499.59 net profit
  * DrupalGov 2017 - $AUD 6271.42 net profit
  * DrupalSouth Auckland 2017 - $AUD 3997.88 net profit

Kind regards,
Kathy

On 08/05/18 18:23, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> Via mobile.
>
>> On 4 May 2018, at 10:01, Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe at just42.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Donna
> Hey Jonathan!
>
>> Thanks for your well-written proposal.  I have a couple of questions.
> Thank you for reading and these thoughtful questions.
>
>> In the (IMHO) unlikely event that the fundraising drive falls short of the
>> $100k goal, what approach will be taken with the money that was raised?
> I’ll refer this question to Megan and follow up when I have a response.
> (She’s CC’d but not on this list)
>
>>> Linux Australia has been the auspicing financial sponsor of a number of
>>> Drupal events in Australia and New Zealand over many years.  Most of those
>>> events have been successful, and returned a healthy surplus, above the
>>> auspicing costs.
>> Do you (or council) have a rough (first-order) estimate as to the magnitude
>> of the accumulated surplus associated with Drupal-related events?
> I don’t have access to recent event budgets so council will need to respond to this. The events I was personally involved in ran to surplus, I can’t speak as confidently for the others.
>
> - Donna.

Kathy Reid
Independent digital consultant

       email: kathy at kathyreid.id.au
      mobile: 0418 130 636
     twitter: @kathyreid
       video: https://zoom.us/j/3384470933
        blog: http://blog.kathyreid.id.au
    linkedin: https://au.linkedin.com/in/kathyreid
    calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=www.kathyreid.id.au%40gmail.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney
           Ƀ: bitcoin:14pXC2GzccgqcWBnWhDZnu6KNopS824kPE