[Grants] Grant request: Linux Australia Contribution to the Promote Drupal Fund

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Fri May 4 10:01:54 AEST 2018

Hi Donna

Thanks for your well-written proposal.  I have a couple of questions.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 07:52:08AM +1000, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> Project name:
> -------------
> Promote Drupal
> https://www.drupal.org/promotedrupal
>
> Request:
> --------
> AU$2500 contribution to the Promote Drupal fund.
> :
> How the success of the project will be measured:
> The initial goal is to raise $100,000.  So far we have raised $54,000.
> Reaching the 100k goal will be the primary immediate measure of success
> for the funding campaign.

In the (IMHO) unlikely event that the fundraising drive falls short of the
$100k goal, what approach will be taken with the money that was raised?

> Estimated cost breakdown of the project:
> :
> At this point I don't have access to a detailed budget.  LA is being asked
> to contribute 2.5% to a larger project budget.

Thank you for being very clear about how the LA grant proposal fits into the
bigger picture.

> Why should Linux Australia support this project?
> Linux Australia has been the auspicing financial sponsor of a number of
> Drupal events in Australia and New Zealand over many years.  Most of those
> events have been successful, and returned a healthy surplus, above the
> auspicing costs.

Do you (or council) have a rough (first-order) estimate as to the magnitude
of the accumulated surplus associated with Drupal-related events?

Regards
  jonathan