[Flounder] Flounder Meeting Feb 3rd - CCC Watch Party

Yifei Zhan yifei at zhan.science
Sat Feb 3 00:47:20 AEDT 2024

On Thursday, February 1, 2024 6:49:13 AM AEDT DL Neil via Flounder wrote:
> On 31/01/24 01:03, Russell Coker via Flounder wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 30 January 2024 19:56:36 AEDT Russell Coker wrote:
> >> First February event, 37C3 Watch Party
> >>
> >> The 37th edition of the CCC is a conference about computer security [1].
> >> They have videos of their lectures online, for this meeting we will watch
> >> lectures that are generally agreed to be interesting and then discuss
> >> them.
> >> Feel free to review the list of lectures before the meeting to choose the
> >> ones you most want to watch and discuss!
>
> Identity
> SMTP Smuggling
> Writing Secure Software

Some of the better ones IMO:

37C3 - Operation Triangulation: What You Get When Attack iPhones of
Researchers:

It's uncommon to see how modern 0-click exploit chain works and how modern
kernel/memory security features are bypassed. The one analyzed by this talk is
certainly one of the most advanced exploit in this field.

37C3 - Tor censorship attempts in Russia, Iran, Turkmenistan

Interesting insight into how censorship machine works and what the anti-
censorship community is doing.

37C3 - Breaking "DRM" in Polish trains

Analyze and removal of hardware DRM in trains ;)