[Flounder] Where are we going with this?

DL Neil NZLUG at etelligence.info
Fri Sep 8 05:12:13 AEST 2023

On 30/08/2023 23.24, Russell Coker via Flounder wrote:
> The number of people attending the meetings have been steadily decreasing.
> The last meeting had just me, Yifei, and one guy from a Matrix channel about
> Mobian who joined because we mentioned there that we were going to discuss
> Mobian.
>
> Generally the attendance at meetings is just me, Yifei, and Andrew Pam and
> maybe one other person.  Yifei, Andrew, and I meet up on other occasions
> outside of Flounder.
>
> Is there demand for Flounder meetings?  If there is should someone else be
> running it?  The lack of attendence seems to indicate that either the demand
> isn't there or that I have not gone about running it in the best way.
>
> What do you think?
>

> Should we have a meeting on Saturday?  Yifei and I have both done some
> interesting programming since the last meeting, would there be an audience if
> there is a Flounder meeting?

Apologies for late-response (not that any other has been noted). Have
been ill (for too long).

Are meetings well-advertised?

Are the group's aims well-articulated, and implemented?

Is the group really an attempt to hold a synchronous, but distributed,
hack-a-thon?

Is there more to FLOunder than Mobian/mobile phones?

Is the lack of (perceived) interest a FLOunder problem, or a
common-issue for voluntary-organisations in today's new world?
(see also original rationale for FLOunder 'rising' from moribund Linux
groups)

Am happy to continue supporting with infrastructure, but busy-life
necessitates planning-ahead, juggling opportunity, ...