[Flounder] mobile phone development

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Tue Mar 21 23:49:17 AEDT 2023

Who's interested in doing serious development of free software phones?

I've decided that my Huawei Nova9 without Google Play is a bit crap overall
and trying to get an open Android build installed on it is too much pain.  The
Librem5 (which I bought at great expense) doesn't have the battery life needed
so I'm thinking of making a PinePhone a development platform that I can use
daily (like running Debian/Testing on my laptop).

https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=pinephone

"Phone takes a long time to wake up when receiving a call", well I guess
people will just have to SMS or IM me! ;)