[Flounder] Email tutorial

DL Neil NZOSS at etelligence.info
Wed Apr 13 10:16:34 AEST 2022

Have been following Russell's "Postfix Training" tutorial, per our last
meeting.

Using my own multi-domain VPS, had Postfix, Certbot, Dovecot, SASL, etc,
working happily. SPF, DKIM, and DMARC were working on out-bound
messages. DKIM also on in-bound.

AntiSpam/SPF became a headache because of differences between apt and
yum (repos/distros). When first installed, it rejected every msg in a
most spiteful fashion. Went round and around - apparently not the first
CentOS user to fall-foul with this, but eventually got it working. What
a clever chap!/?

SpamAssassin had been set-up previously, but in a different fashion from
the tutorial:

master.cf
smtp	  inet  n	-	n	-	-	smtpd -o content_filter=spamassassin
and
spamassassin unix - n n - - pipe flags=R user=spamd argv=/usr/bin/spamc
-e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

Are there inherent [dis]advantages either way?

Would the milter method clash with the DKIM milter, or once organised
into a sequence would they co-exist happily?

The system has no /etc/default/spamass* file. Are the options taken
care-of, or is there another way?

The GTUBE pattern is appropriately marked as spam. So, happy bunnies
all-around...
--
Regards =dn