[Flounder] AWS

Ian Brown ianbrown78 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:52:17 AEST 2022

I wouldn’t entertain the idea of having AWS speak as I don’t find them too
friendly to the OSS community.

If people are interested in cloud talks, I could ask some Rackspace or
Binary Lane folks (Openstack) if they would present.

What about talks around CI/CD for cloud providers? (I assume we have some
developers in the group.)

Cheers,
Ian

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 at 19:29, Russell Coker via Flounder <
flounder at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> On Monday, 4 April 2022 19:05:53 AEST DL Neil via Flounder wrote:
> > > AWS credits could be useful, instead of messing around with port
> > > forwarding
> > > etc we could just run on EC2.  Also given the number of people here I'm
> > > surely not the only one with AWS experience so if I'm not well enough
> > > set things up properly (as was the case last Saturday) then someone
> else
> > > could take over.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > I'm wary of AWS. Aren't they keen to 'take' benefit from F/LOSS projects
> > but slower to make any (useful) return?
> >
> > We're a F/LOSS group, so if the subject (even, if the speaker/sponsor)
> > is not aligned, we shouldn't...
>
> I agree.  That's why EC2 credits seems the most useful thing for us.  Once
> Linux VM is running it doesn't make a lot of difference where it runs as
> long
> as the firewall lets all necessary data through.
>
> --
> My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/
> My Documents Blog    http://doc.coker.com.au/

Regards,