[Flounder] AWS

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Apr 4 18:27:35 AEST 2022

# I’m **** ****, Developer Marketing Manager at Amazon Web Services.
# I’m reaching out to you as the owner of a tech related meetup group, to
# offer AWS speakers, SWAGs, and credits for upcoming events. If this is
# something you’d be interested in, you can reach out to me here or via
# ****@amazon.com to discuss topics and find a relevant speaker.

I just got the above message via linkedin.  We don't physically meet so SWAG
probably isn't much use unless they offer something particularly good that's
worth the effort of remailing.  Speakers might not help as we aren't about
learning how to do proprietary things, although of course if they have
something about AWS services that are managed FOSS services then it might be
useful from a FOSS perspective (maybe they have a PostgreSQL lecture that can
be suitably informative for non-AWS PostgreSQL).

AWS credits could be useful, instead of messing around with port forwarding
etc we could just run on EC2.  Also given the number of people here I'm surely
not the only one with AWS experience so if I'm not well enough to set things
up properly (as was the case last Saturday) then someone else could take over.

What do you think?