[eo-announce] Everything Open 2024 - 20 Days to go.... here's a quick (long) update!

Everything Open Announcements eo-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Wed Mar 27 23:11:02 AEDT 2024

Hello Everyone!

The conference is getting very close. Evil Steve reminds me each day of
how many days to go and today there’s 20 days to go! As they say, we are
approaching the pointy end. Here is a summary of what has happened so
far getting ready for the Everything Open 2024 in Gladstone.

### Oops
We just realised an email was sent implying that lunch was catered. This
is not the case. Plenty of food vendors are nearby.

##SWAG!
We officially have 20 days left. Have you bought your tickets yet? While
you are at it we have Swag available for purchase via Redbubble at:
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/158192555

We have everything from mouse pads, to hats, to blankets, to t-shirts,
to hoodies, and duvet/doona covers for sale. Someone pretty please buy
the throw blanket! (it looks so soft)

##Tickets
Tickets are still available and will be until the last day of the
conference. But don’t leave it until the last minute because you’re
running out of time.

##Online
We're acutely aware of the cost of living crisis in Australia currently,
and that going to Everything Open is a large financial outlay with
accommodation and flights, even if our tickets are reasonably priced due
to our generous Sponsors and dedicated volunteer organisers.  So, we're
delighted to announce that we will be providing an Online Only option
for those who wish to stream talks live during the conference. The
ticket price of just $79 reflects the additional costs of providing a
hybrid option for the three days of the conference, but we hope it makes
Everything Open more affordable for more people.
Ticket prices are available at:
https://2024.everythingopen.au/attend/tickets/ and connectivity details
will be provided closer to the event.

##Buses
Although there are many ways to get to Gladstone for Everything Open
2024, we heard from many potential Delegates that airfares between
Brisbane (BNE) and Gladstone (GLT) were cost prohibitive, dampening
enthusiasm to attend #EverythingOpen 2024.
While we can’t spin up a competing airline (Penguin Air, anyone?), we
can put on a bus from Brisbane to Gladstone, and return from Gladstone
to Brisbane, to get you to and from the conference. We are providing
these buses for $40 each way. You can buy your bus ticket on the website
with your conference tickets at
https://2024.everythingopen.au/dashboard/

##Accommodation
Did you know that there are several accommodation options within 100
metres of the conference venue. The venue is right in the middle of the
CBD with lots of eateries nearby. Check out
https://2024.everythingopen.au/attend/travel-accommodation/#accommodation

## Stay a while
Did you know APNIC are running tutorials at the venue before and after
the conference. Check out:

*Monday 15th - RPKI Routing Security Workshop
https://academy.apnic.net/events?id=a0BOc000000IwVNMA0
*Friday 19th - Introduction to IPv6 Tutorial
https://academy.apnic.net/events?id=a0BOc000000IyddMAC

Gladstone and the district has much to offer if you choose to stay
longer.

##Keynotes
We have announced 3 amazing keynotes:

Professor Aaron Quigley from CSIRO’s Data61
Jana Dekanovska from CrowdStrike
Geoff Huston from Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)

Our fabulous locknote will be presented by Rae Johnston. Rae was the
first Science & Technology Editor for NITV at SBS. A multi-award-winning
journalist and broadcaster, she has a passion for the geekier side of
life.

##Sessions
We have some incredible speakers joining us. The conference schedule is
now up on https://2024.everythingopen.au/schedule/. I’m sure there is
plenty to whet your appetite.
Session A/V streaming will be available after the conference but you may
buy a live streaming ticket. Keep an eye out for tickets for this.

##Sponsors
A HUGE shout out goes to our sponsors. Our current sponsors are:

King Penguin:
*Google (https://opensource.google/)
*ARM (https://www.arm.com)
*OpenSI (https://www.opensi.net/)

Royal Penguin:
*Red Hat (https://www.redhat.com/en/about)

And a special thanks goes to:
*The Sizzle (have you subscribed yet? You should! Here’s the link:
https://thesizzle.com.au/),
*O’Reilly (https://www.oreilly.com/)
*CAVAL LTD (https://www.caval.edu.au)

and our auspicing organisation Linux Australia (https://linux.org.au/)

More information will be coming out VERY SOON so keep an eye out on our
various platforms:
*Mastodon: @EverythingOpen at fosstodon.org, hashtag #EverythingOpen
*Twitter: @_everythingopen, hashtag #EverythingOpen
*LinkedIn: Everything Open
(https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/everythingopen/)
*Facebook: Everything Open
(https://www.facebook.com/EverythingOpenConference/)
*Announce mailing list: Everything Open Announce
(https://lists.linux.org.au/mailman/listinfo/eo-announce)

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Sae Ra Germaine