[eo-announce] Everything Open 2023 - Keynote: Rebecca Giblin

Everything Open Announcements eo-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Mon Mar 6 21:52:22 AEDT 2023

We are pleased to announce Professor Rebecca Giblin is the final keynote
speaker at Everything Open 2023!

## About Rebecca Giblin

Professor Giblin is an ARC Future Fellow and Professor at Melbourne Law
School, and the Director of the Intellectual Property Research Institute
of Australia.
Her work focuses on a diverse range of topics: the legal and social
impacts of library eLending projects, how fuller protection of creators'
rights can help get them paid and simultaneously reclaim lost culture,
access to knowledge and culture, technology regulation, and copyright.
Professor Giblin also leads the ARC-funded Author's Interest as well as
Untapped: the Australian Literary Heritage Project.
Her new book Chokepoint Capitalism (https://chokepointcapitalism.com/),
with Cory Doctorow, explores how we can recapture creative labour
markets from Big Tech and Big Content to get artists paid.

## Attend Everything Open

With the conference only a week away, now is the time to purchase your
ticket to attend Everything Open 2023!
Make sure you register today at
https://2023.everythingopen.au/attend/tickets/ to hear from Rebecca and
the rest of our great lineup.

We also have a number of different items available for purchase through
via our Redbubble shop at https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/140087437.
Now is a great time to get your memento of Everything Open 2023,
especially during the last couple of days in their 20% off sale.

If you have questions please contact the Organising Team via email at
contact at everythingopen.au.