[eo-announce] Everything Open 2023 - Keynote: Seb Chan

Everything Open Announcements eo-announce at lists.linux.org.au
Tue Feb 28 13:23:06 AEDT 2023

We are excited to announce Seb Chan as a keynote presenter for
Everything Open 2023!

## About Seb Chan

Seb Chan is the Director & CEO of ACMI (https://www.acmi.net.au/) in
Naarm (Melbourne).
Appointed to the role in August 2022, Seb was previously a key part of
the team which transformed ACMI into a multi-award winning,
multiplatform museum.
Seb initially joined ACMI in the role of Chief Experience Officer in
2015. As the senior executive responsible for the Experience &
Engagement division of the museum, he guided teams responsible for
visitor experience, marketing, brand & communication design, digital
products, technology.
Seb also oversaw the museum's collections, digitisation & digital
preservation programs. He designed and leads ACMI's CEO Digital
Mentoring Program, working with CEOs and directors across the Australian
arts and cultural sector. He is currently the National President of the
Australian Museums and Galleries Association.

Prior to ACMI, Seb led the digital renewal and transformation of the
Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum in New York and the Powerhouse
Museum's pioneering work in open access, mass collaboration and digital
experience during the 2000s. His work has won awards internationally in
the museum, media and design spheres.
Seb is Adjunct Professor, School of Media and Communications, in the
College of Design and Social Context at RMIT, an international advisory
board member of Art Science Museum (Singapore) and board member of the
National Communications Museum (Melbourne). He is an alumnus of the
Getty Leadership Institute, Salzburg Global Seminar and UNSW.
Seb also leads a parallel life in digital art, writing and music.

## Attend Everything Open

Tickets to attend Everything Open 2023 are now on sale!
Make sure you register today at
https://2023.everythingopen.au/attend/tickets/ to hear from Seb and the
rest of our great lineup.

While you are getting your ticket, make sure to check out our range of
merchandise available for purchase via our Redbubble shop at
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/140087437.
We have a number of different items available for purchase so you can
get a memento of attending Everything Open 2023.

If you have questions please contact the Organising Team via email at
contact at everythingopen.au.