[Debian-au] Debian jessie release parties down under?

Russell Stuart ras at debian.org
Thu Apr 2 10:44:14 AEDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-01 at 20:08 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Andrew Pollock wrote:
>
> > I'd love to see one in Brisbane. How do I make it happen?
>
> I guess pick a time, venue, register it on the wiki and announce it in
> the right places (local LUG would be a good bet, maybe meetup.com).

The "local LUG" in Brisbane is Humbug and it has a scheduled meeting on
04/25:

  http://www.humbug.org.au/

Speaking as Humbug's president, I would love to see you there.

The meeting runs from 3PM to Midnight, but people come and go during
that period.  At about 5:30 PM we organise ourselves and head off for
dinner and drinks.  A party may not be the right word, but a it can
certainly be a celebratory dinner to honour the release of Jessie.

Maps, contact details and so on are on the web page.