[Debian-au] Miniconf AU/NZ 2105 at LCA in Auckland, January 2015

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed Apr 9 11:15:58 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 06:58 +1000, James Bromberger wrote:

> We suggested at the time that we have a 2 days; 1st day more internally
> focused, and the second day more general (so we can pick up advanced
> users who may not be interested in the internally-focused day).

Agreed.

> Let's start by re-confirming the two days above. We haven't yet
> confirmed with LCA 2015 organisers to request a mini-conf. There may be
> mini-conf days during the LCA timeline - question is do we want to do
> this one before those times so we can attend the other mini-confs? :)

I expect that the miniconfs hosted by LCA will be one day only. If we
want two days then it'll have to be outside of the main schedule. And I
want to attend the miniconfs!

I still like the idea of running on the weekend before.

It'd be really great if we could take a stab in the dark about expected
numbers.

> Volunteers are essential to do this; if you would like to suggest
> something you'd like to to then please speak up.

I've mentioned this to a DD who lives in NZ, he's interested in being
involved as well. I'll make sure he knows about the wiki page, and the
mailing list.

> (Can the other organisers who were also press-ganged please add their
> details to the wiki page!)

Done.