[Debian-au] DebSIG Wrap-up

Craige McWhirter tongmaster at arseclown.tv
Thu Feb 19 12:57:07 UTC 2004

Last night's DebSIG was the first held in our new home, the James Squire
Brewery.The venue was excellent, certainly a whole lot better than the
previous venue as it is easier to get to, safer in both the locality and
transport, has better facilities such as the boardroom, the projector,
the greater amount of space of the venue, internet access, similar cost
of food and the availability of cocktail platters for those on a budget
(see the website). We are also well liked and appreciated by the staff
and as a result we were looked after quite well which goes a long way to
creating that feel good atmosphere. All of these factors contributed to
a lot of new faces and an enjoyable evening.

Jeff's talk was a refreshing take on the Debian release process and ways
it can be improved based on his experience as the GNOME release manager.
It certainly provoked a lot of thought and some lively debate which Jeff
is taking away with him to use in a paper he is writing on said subject.
The slides from Jeff's talk will be available on the website once the
paper has been released.

Thanks to all those who came and made it such a wonderful evening.

For a complete list of up coming events, venue details and other gems of
knowledge head to http://debian.slug.org.au/

      Craige.

o/~ I'm going to die with a twinkle in my eye 'cause I sung songs
spun stories loved laughed and drank wine o/~  -  The Cat Empire