[Debian-au] 1st install problem

squareyes squareyes at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 19 16:24:20 UTC 2004

Hi all,
have just installed Deb 3.0r2, and after logging on at command line
I typed in startx and get. cannot find a screen. It appears to recognise
the video card,  Nvidia GeForce 2 MX-400, driver NV on the available list.
As su the same thing happens. No screen found.
I have connected now using Knoppix 3.4 which seems to be using the same
driver (NV) and it recognizes everything OK.
I must be doing something wrong, have very little command line
experience,hope some one can help.
Take Care, and have a safe and peaceful Christmas everyone.
Winton