[Debian-au] DebSIG Feb 12th

Anand Kumria akumria at debian.org
Sat Feb 8 10:34:48 UTC 2003

My apologies that this announcement is somewhat later than normal.
Anyway, DebSIG is definately on this month. As usual we meet on the 3rd
Wednesday of each month - this month that is on the 12th.

We meet at the Wooloomooloo Bay Hotel (WBH) from 19:00 - but quite a lot
of people turn up around 18:30 for dinner + drinks. We had a lot of
really great talks in the last year:

	- Craig Small on PHP4
	- Jamie Wilkinson on Lintian
	- Tony Green on Debian/iPAQ
	- Blind Debian Users by Yvonne Thomson
	- Matt Hope on cfEngine
	- Debian/iBook by David McGuire
	- FAI by Tony Green
	- Woody release party
	- Brendan O'Dea on Perl
	- Herbert Xu on Kernels in Debian
	- Matthew Palmer on DebConf
	- Christmas Party
	- and just last month a visit from Bdale Garbee, DPL.

However there hasn't been much feedback about them (good or bad). Should
they become more (or less?) technical. What kinds of talks are you
interested in? I'm currently casting about looking for people to give a
talk - if you'd like to speak, let us know.

You don't have to give a technical talk, it could be a talk about how you
are using Debian in your investment bank or what really sucked about
Debian.

I'll announce who is speaking on Tuesday.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never