[Computerbank] may president's report

John Dalton John.Dalton at varrqnuht.net
Thu May 20 07:19:40 UTC 2004

David Lloyd wrote:

> Does open office save as text?

Yes, it does.  Here's the content of the attachment, for those who
couldn't read it.

John

----8<-----

President's Report May 2004

Hi all Computerbankers,

I have approached a couple of legal firms requesting advice on DGR
status for our organisation  – these being Howie Maher Barristers and
Solicitors as well as Pitcher Partners; Howie Maher have offered to
help – I expect to hear from them in the short term.

Geoff Tregenza (Computerbank NSW President) has arranged a deal with
an insurance firm with regard to stock being distributed to state
branches around Australia. The stock includes PIII computers and laser
printers – branches will be able to distribute Linux machines on
high-quality hardware!! Thank you to Geoff for his efforts here.

State branches are quite busy with revenue-generating activities.
(Work for the Dole programs are underway in most states and are
running very well.) CBNSW are on the verge of securing a long-term
lease in Sydney which will accommodate their storage needs. This is
positive news.

Computerbank volunteers in all states are putting in a great amount of
work and state branches are moving forward as a result. SA and VIC for
instance run two Work for the Dole programs – the hard work required
to get to that position is due to volunteer effort. This is
Computerbank's strength I believe – volunteers working together. NSW
has also received exposure in the press recently - the group are
making great inroads with regard to exposing Computerbank and their
activities to the outside world.

Our Vice-President, Steve Paynter, has resigned due to study
commitments. All the best Steve.

Hope all are well.

Con Validas
President