[Computerbank] More constitutional matters - re regional branches

Kylie Davies kylied at projectx.com.au
Wed Jul 4 15:17:42 UTC 2001

More bits and pieces re the national constitution. :)

---snip--->

I\'ve emailed the list re the national constitution - which includes details
about the national body and national committee (reps from all states). We\'ve
also included reference to State Committees, who are responsible for the day to
day implementation of the overall framework, policy and standards as determined
by the National Committee.

Your input and feedback is valued here. Particularly around accountability for
the Regional Branches and in relation to making this more clear in the
Constitution.

At the moment, and in relation to the Constitution, we need to define the
relationship that a regional branch has with a State branch (or can we say it\'s
closest state branch?) and how does this feedback into the National Committee.
(Reporting accountability mechanism)

We also need to pay particular attention to what constitutes a regional branch?
Certainly there must be a minumum number of people to form a regional branch?

What about financial control and responsibilities of all three tiers of a
national body, do we have ideas for this? Can they be clearly defined in the
constitution? Bank accounts / Treasurers for States but what about Regionals?

A lot of what a regional branch must do in terms of accountability can and will
largely be addressed in a policy framework document that loosely prescribes
regional operations and acceptance within the CBA network.

I\'ll reproduce the comments above (specifc to nat dev) on the main mailing list
so that everyone can be privy to them. :)

---end snip----