[Cbsupport] system configuration problems in k3b

Nadia Woods ash_nadi at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:49:15 UTC 2007

i have a message popping up in k3b and was wondering if anyone can give me
more info on where to change the settings. the message is as follows
DMA dissabled on device lite-on - DBVRW LH-20AIP
solution- enable DMA temporarily as root with 'hdparm -d 1 /dev/hdc'

the second message says
system locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968
it is highly unlikely this is done intentially most likely the locale is not
set at all
solution- to properly set the charset make sure the LC_* environment levels
are set. normally the distribution set up tools take care of this.

i can not enter k3b set up. my system says the name is invalid. is there
another place i go to change the settings?