[Cbsupport] install

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Sat Jun 9 09:28:12 UTC 2007

Hi Nadia,

I wonder if you can us what software you are trying to install?

Are you using Synaptic Package Manager? If so and it is not working -
you might need to change your repositories. How?

Open Synaptic. Enter root password when asked. Click on the Settings
Menu then click repositories. Uncheck all the sources that refer to
omnidimensional (thats our internal network)... then put a tick in the
sources that mention etch and are live sites (.org, .com etc). Do not
use the sid ones.

After you click OK - the software will reload its info (or might ask you
to click to say ok). After that you can search for programs and install
them via Synaptic.

If you need more info you are welcome to pop into IRC or ask more
questions here.

All the best,

Kylie