[Cbsupport] Xchat FreeNode

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Sun Feb 25 11:24:10 UTC 2007

Hi Russell,

Yes, you can automate this so it happens on sign up. We have not set
this up. Once you have a registered nick you can send private messages
to others. If you are not registered you can still join and talk in
channels.

I suggest you choose a nickname other than our default of user or user_
and then register that with a password. I believe the command is:

/msg nickserv register (your passwd)

This will register you with the nickname you currently have.

You can join a channel by doing

/join #computerbank

You can put these known items in the settings of xchat.

Click on the XChat menu -> Network List

It is in here where you can put in your nickname choices too.

Find Freenode in the list of servers and then click edit. In the
freenode options you can put in your password and any channels to
autojoin. We have added #computerbank to the list. If you add more
channels they are sep only by a comma,no space. :)

Might seeya online soon,

Cheers!

Kylie