[Cbsupport] network connection on KDE

Russell jarvis colouredstatic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:01:02 UTC 2007

Dear computer bank volunteer/employee,

I recently purchased a computer from the computer bank on the 25/1/07. I am
having a lot of trouble connecting it to the Internet (via a router), and I
wonder if some one might be able to give advice about network connection in
KDE. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am using a GUI approach:
I went into control centre and logged in as administrator.
I put in the typical values for gateway and IP.
Changed the proxy to direct Internet connection.

The problems I encounter:

Every time I try to enable the Ethernet connection it appears to be enabled
for one second, and then promptly resumes being disabled.

When I try to configure the Ethernet connection I get the error message:
The application KDE control module crashed and caused the signal 11
(SIGSEGV).
When I click on backtrace it says no debugging symbols found.

pinging the IP of the router says something like:
network not found.

Thanks
Russell Jarvis