[Cbsupport] big pond

Thao Van Truong thao.truong at sortsolutions.com.au
Wed Sep 13 22:38:02 UTC 2006

The usual thing we would try to do is go through the users manual that
ComputerBank gave you.

There are a few things you can quickly check,
1. Using the /KMenu/Internet/Internet Connection Configuration (as John
suggested).

2. When in Configuration, check if the modem is detected. does it ask you
for the location of the modem ? If so then you have to check that you have
put the cable in the right serial/com port usually there are two on the
back of the computer . if you're using parallel then thats a different
story.

3. Modem, that the line is plugged in and there are atleast three lights
when you turn the modem on. (Indicating that ur modem is connected
properly- most of the time)

4. Is just to check the phone number that you are dialling, sometimes
using 03 what ever wont work. Try without, if you can get access to
someone else's internet connection that you know work. ask them if you can
use their account and number to test urs modem and Linux OS

Let me know how you went.
Thao
Voluntary.Studen.ComputerBank