[Cbsupport] Re: Is 'free' Audacity software any good?

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Sun Oct 29 15:52:13 UTC 2006

Hi Cara,

Nice to hear from you. :)

Audacity is open source software and it works really well for a lot of
things. Highly recommended. We use audacity on PIII 450Mhz based systems
and it runs beautifully.

I have a bit of experience with it, as do many other Computerbank folk.
There are a lot of online tutorials and help for the program. See
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/tutorials for starters. Also see
our links collection from
http://doc.vic.computerbank.org.au/authorsplaypen/linux_music/

What do you plan to use audacity for? What speed is your computer? How
much RAM/memory does it have? Hard drive space? If your computer is
relatively new you should not have any problems using audacity.

One thing is audacity uses a lot of hard drive space when it is in the
process of making tracks. I ran out of space one time (I only had 500mb
left).

We have some live CD versions of Linux that have audacity on them. If
you pop into Computerbank we can give you a copy. It would be great to
see you again. Hope your doing well. :)

Cheers,

Kylie