[Cbsupport] Computer problem .....

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 23 10:45:02 UTC 2005

Hi Aaron,

You could try this...i believe you have a system that uses the ext2 file
system, so it might work. You also have only one hard drive.

1. type in the root password when the computer asks you and press
enter, you should now see (none)# the root prompt
2. type in e2fsck -ycv /dev/hda1 press enter
3. the computer will now scan the disk for errors and eventually
ask clear inode? (yes) either type yes and press enter or press enter
4.finally the root prompt will appear # and then type either
shutdown -r now or reboot and press enter

With respect to scanners and such like we could look to try to set these
up, however a back to base support fee of $22 (inc GST) will apply.
However if you do go this way...we will probably upgrade you from the
P233MHZ to a PII 350MHz (so a pretty good deal all around).

> Canon BJC-2100sp printer and a Canoscan FB620p.

Support for this scanner is considered basic... ie the main functions
will work, but you won't be able to use special functions.

See http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl  (SANE Project) for
the page where you can look up whether scanners are supported under
Linux, as well as information on how to set them up.

Not sure if the printer you have is supported...the SP version isn't
listed in the www.linuxprinting.org database. It might work with the
bjc2100 though... or is the printer a bjc210sp? If it is a 210sp...it
sort of works under Linux.

Cheers,

Kylie