[Cbsupport] Computer promblem

Grant Diffey nevyn at artificial-stupidity.net
Tue Mar 22 21:31:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:37:47AM +1100, Con Validas wrote:
> --- Aaron Gal <aarongaarong at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > File system seems to have fatal corruptions.Running
> > with--rebuild--tree is
> > required.F S C K faied.Please
> > repair manually.Control Dwill exit from this shell
> > and contiue system
> > startup.
> > root @(none):/#
> > And the last time I used the computer I closed it
> > down correctly.
> > My referenc number is C B V I D 1455
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Aaron Gal
> >

> Firstly, do you see anything like 'hda2' on the
> screen? This info is imporatant for instructions to be
> given.

Hi Aaron, con

I suspect disk failure in this case. it's reiserfs not ext3 so if the fsck is failing then something is quite stuffed up.

fatal corruptions sounds frigtening but it's possibly just more of hans reiser's germanic phrases being poorly translated.

--rebuild-tree cannot be done from the drive while it is mounted. it's a severe shortcomming of reiserfs.

Regards
Grant
--
Grant Diffey aka "nevyn"