[Cbsupport] Why we are using Windows still?

Deb&Max hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Thu Jul 1 22:28:02 UTC 2004

FYI
David and I are enrolled at Cranbourne FLC and we are both studying
Certificate I in Information Technology and I am also fast tracking
Certificate II in Business Office Administration.  As they are very much
geared up to Micro$oft we are having to use M$ Office Pro.  As I have to
sit for exams and use their computers I need to use the same
applications as they are.  This is also geared for most work places and
the Vic Government does not seem to be interested in using Open Source.

I actually have learnt more things and I am checking out OpenOffice.org
as I go to compare differences.  My hope when I finish is to put some
more info together on OO.o and how to use it more.

We have though managed to get the Kodak Camera working on the
Knoppix/Debian/Linux Box though for some strange reason only on root.
The Mitsubishi scanner and Epson printer work.  We can use the modem on
the internet, (though that is only working on root now, I am going to do
a reinstall) and we can send faxes out as well with the modem.

Only the sound card is not working and I have to open the box and write
down the name and model number of the sound card

Avery

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0427-0, 29/06/2004
Tested on: 2/07/2004 12:27:44 AM