[Cbsupport] GUI-Faxing How to

hortnfash hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Mon Apr 19 20:21:01 UTC 2004

Hi All
This is probably one of many ways to send a fax using your modem that
has fax capabilities (See manual that came with modem)
You need to have OpenOffice.org 1.1 and efax-gtk with this method.
Create you document with OO.o and create a Fax Cover sheet.
    Fax Cover sheet should have:
           Attn/To:
           Fax Number:
          Telephone:
          Address:
                   etc
          I like to use a bordering line then and I use
tools/gallery/rulers/insert/copy don't worry about colours, most
receiving faxes are black and white printers.

Then notes.
I then use the lovely pdf icon and export to pdf.  Remember where you save.

Then open the efax-gtk (mine is located kstart/office/fax/efax-gtk
Firstly you need to go to File/ Settings and type in a name to represent
you and if you have a dedicated fax line the number if not leave as 0000
and check you modem is listed and connection and tty S1 or tty S0 mine
was automatically there
Select file to fax (Now where did you save it?)
Tel Number the fax number goes here and then click send fax that's it
We send faxes to Hospitals, Centrelink, Job Network Member, Doctors,
WorkCover other agencies Job applications etc  We find it very useful.

The first time we did this we didn't have to wait long to find out if it
worked we had sent a job application out to an Employer for David and
the employer rang within a couple of hours.

So if you require the need to fax I hope your find this useful as
another way to fax
Avery