[Cbsupport] can't get linux clients to add redhat 9.0 printer

Steve Strong sstrong at crwash.org
Fri Sep 19 10:37:02 UTC 2003

I'm running RedHat linux 9.0 on a server in the school in which I
teach.  I'm sharing the printer connected directly to the server with
RedHat 9.0 clients and Win2K clients.  Windows users can print to the
server's HP1200 printer without error (wouldn't you know it?) and I can
print a test page from the server's gnome interface using printconf.

But, when I try to add the printer from a RedHat client or from the
server, I get an error saying the service is unavailable.  I've
re-started CUPS, I've re-installed CUPS...  all to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
steve
--