[Cbsupport] webcam question

Kylie Davies kylied at projectx.com.au
Thu Oct 30 12:44:01 UTC 2003

Hi Mary,

Just got your message on the answering machine - and sorry no one
has replied to your post re webcams...

Unfortunately - I need to know a little more about Global Cam - ie
what is the specific model number? brand / manufacturer... any info
on this would help.

is a digital camera option. In the right pane - you will see a
little camera icon at the top - click this and a dialogue box will
appear - this box is magical - in that - it shows you a list of all
cameras that work under linux.

Usually usb cameras - if supported - will work.

With respect to kghostview - I am not a fan - I suggest when viewing
the attachments - you right click - and choose open with - then type
xpdf

xpdf is a better pdf viewer for the linux system - in that 95% of
the time it works for most pdfs.

(yeah flame me!)

Cheers,

Kylie

mary adsett wrote:

>    Hi Kylie. had a look at a webcam, ( Global Cam ) and some of the stats
> on the side were . Minimal requirements, windows98 or 2000, windows me.,
> pentium 11266 celorion., 32mb ram., cdrom drive?( either i don't have or not
> configured )., 100 mb free of space.,16bit colour display adaptor.,windows
> compatable .sound card or speakers (i might need new one of those as mine
> does not seem to work)        Spot Life....web browser ie. microsoft internet
> explorer or netscape 4 it also has a a usb port..... Anyhow the question is..
> would this webcam be a good buy for my computer to work with they are fairly
> cheap and i thought a little enhancement on what seems to be my main source
> of entertainment these days might be a bit of fun.
>   Also got my last bill for the internet from froggy and it was a PDF file
> computer put it into Ghost view which was fine if you are into reading
> postage stamps right click on it nothing happened left click still nothing
> happened, how does one enlarge the wee beasty?.
>     Hope you are feeling better and not working too hard Take Care    and keep
> your chin up Dear CBV Friend ..................Mary

Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator
Computerbank Australia Inc
Victorian State Branch
Tel: (03) 9600 9161
Email: kylied at projectx.com.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential and
the subject of legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent
of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the
intended Recipient and then delete the email from your
inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium.