[Cbsupport] axxs org site and status of things

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu May 29 11:20:01 UTC 2003

At 08:46 AM 05/29/2003, you wrote:
>When the site goes live - the application form needs to be password
>protected - to prevent everyone in the world from getting it and sending
>it in, saves us a big adminsitrative nightmare.  The info sheet can and
>will remain on the site - but the form will not. It has to be requested.

Hello

Computer Angels also does not publish an application form on the web, but
we still receive many enquiries from outside Western Australia, mostly
international. I usually respond with the following links stating that
these groups may be closer or be able to assist with overseas enquiries:

http://www.opencollector.org/freecomputers.html
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Hardware_Support/Recycle_or_Obsolete/
http://www.worldcomputerexchange.org/
http://www.kiteinc.org/

We are currently drafting an information sheet that addresses about us,
what we do, what is OSS, etc. But one of the difficult myths to dispel, is
that what we provide is only for "the poor and needy" and if you have money
for a computer and training, you would purchase something else. I was
wondering if you had come across this and have addressed it in your
information sheet.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)