[Cbsupport] Problems with Cara's Computer

Kylie Davies kylied at projectx.com.au
Wed May 7 13:05:02 UTC 2003

Hi there Cara and David,

Hmmm - this is our bad - with the fstab setup...and the floppy icon on
the desktop...

So for a quick fix - we should just re-set the icon properties....

HOW???

On the desktop there's the floppy icon (the one you click on to
mount)... what we need to do is RIGHT click over it and click on the
Properties option.

This will bring up a dialogue box with some TABS in it. (General,
Permissions, Device)

We need to get you tomake some  changes under the Device settings TAB.

HOW??

Click on the drop down box (at the very top) and select the option that
says /dev/fd0 (floppy)

Upon doing this - the Mount Point field - should say /floppy

If it still says /mnt/floppy - try to MANUALLY type it in.

Once you have done this - all things should be good again.

Cheers,

Kylie

--
Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator
Email: kylied at projectx.com.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential and
the subject of legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent
of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the
intended Recipient and then delete the email from your
inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium.