[Cbsupport] Re: Why is my hdd so full?

deBrouwer&Maxwell hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Fri Jun 27 08:36:01 UTC 2003

Mike Williams wrote:

>>So is it from the upgrade to Debian Sid that's taken up so much room?
>>Or is it these new files in home/avery when I use quickbrowser or in
>>konqueror using home/avery hidden files
>>They weren't there before the -d dist-upgrade
>>I think they are in home/David as well
>>

>You didn't tell us how your partitions are setup?

best I can do is CDROM, floppy, hdd ide, dev

>Did you know that debian generally keeps a huge archive of packages at
>/var/cache/apt/archives ? If your crashed partition contains this
>directory, you could do an apt-get autoclean to get rid of unnecessary
>packages, or simply delete everything ending in .deb.
>
>Just an idea. If this isn't the problem, then don't worry.

Using Kstart/home (personal directory)/Konqueror
/var/cache/apt/archives
Contains 857 Items 856 files +525MB
All end in .deb as far as I can see
I'm not sure of this auto -clean I'm worried it might remove something I
need
Computerbank said not to remove any lib  thingys
Avery