[Cbsupport] Re: Why is my hdd so full?

Mike Williams mwilliam at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 27 08:19:30 UTC 2003

> So is it from the upgrade to Debian Sid that's taken up so much room?
> Or is it these new files in home/avery when I use quickbrowser or in
> konqueror using home/avery hidden files
> They weren't there before the -d dist-upgrade
> I think they are in home/David as well

You didn't tell us how your partitions are setup?

Did you know that debian generally keeps a huge archive of packages at
/var/cache/apt/archives ? If your crashed partition contains this
directory, you could do an apt-get autoclean to get rid of unnecessary
packages, or simply delete everything ending in .deb.

Just an idea. If this isn't the problem, then don't worry.

Mike

Mike Williams
Lecturer
Computing & Information Management