[Cbsupport] # Errorr: dpkg interupted manually config???

deBrouwer&Maxwell hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Sun Jun 22 22:08:01 UTC 2003

Hi Guys

Well have I made a big mistake :-(
The error message is # E: dpkg was interuppted, you must manually run,
"dpkg --configure -a to correct the problem.
I have no idea how to fix this and I'm scared too its way way over my head
Is there a simple command line that I out into after >  ( I hope)

My Computer wouldn't boot and had a moprobe error on it as there was too
much in my 2.3hdd
Computerbank Work bench used a boot disk and rescue disk and got rid of
a few things

To let them have time I came home and had to reomove as many things as
possible
Got into home/avery and home/david and deleted as much unnessary things
as possible concentrating on pictures or large files

Then # apt-get remove --purge <packages> we didn't need as well as #
apt-get install and then # apt get --purge to remove off disk
files that I had # apt-get remove  which apparently closed but were
still on the disk

I had to go var/lib/dpkg/available to view package names but found that
var/lib/dpkg/status was better to view if purge ok not installed,
install ok installed
deinstalled ok config-files.  i assume that they are on the hard disk
but mostly not in use
I was advised not to take any lib>> packages off but some of these were
the ones I had # apt-get remove
I have gone through deleting emails and such

Any way I was in icewm using xterm instead of system/konsole I was #
apt-get remove --purge xbase-clients when it gave me a message that I
was in one to be removed and I could stop it so I open another console
window and poff and logged off icewm and went in to kde

brought  up  konsole  and tried to # apt-get remove --purge
xbase-clients but it didn't work got an error message and then tried to
# apt-get install <package>
and got the same message as above

After all this deleting and purging I got out of critical but the disk
is approx 09% full and I haven't got openoffice .org or koffice and
can't even get kword on
at least I can use the internet , print, view and hear with it

Ok thanks
Not in a huge hurry we can cope for a couple of weeks just as long as we
can boot up and use the internet

Avery :-)