[Cbsupport] Re: hiedi

hiedi money at froggy.com.au
Fri Apr 25 14:14:02 UTC 2003

Kylie Davies wrote:

> Hi Avery,
>
> You could also try Xchat... You will find this in the
> INternet->Debian->Xchat
>
> Once you have Xchat running - you will need to add a server...so Click
> on the Xchat drop down menu (first menu on the top left) Choose Server
> List - a new dialogue appears...from here - choose NEW SERVER...
>
> In the New Server dialogue box - you will need to fill in the details....
>
> Name: IRC Freenode
> Server: irc.freenode.net (this is the IMPORTANT bit as it gives the
> internet address for the server)
> Password: can leave this field blank
> Channels: can leave this blank too (or you could put #computerbank in
> there so you automatically join the computerbank channel. )
> Nickname: can leave this blank
> Connect Command: can leave this blank
>
> That's it...
>
> Remember where this entry is in the serverlist...
>
> In the Server list dialogue box - at the very top - you can type in
> the nickname you would like to be known as...
>
> Once you have done this - highlight the correct server option and
> choose Connect!
>
> Once connected - to join a channel you will need to type /join
> #computerbank in the status window to join the computerbank
> channel...and this is where we are...hopefully when you join - someone
> may be there for you to ask questions. :))
>
> All commands to do something must be proceeded with the /
>
> eg /list will give you a channel listing...
>
> /join #channelname will allow you to join channels...once on channels
> - you will have channel tabs down the bottom of the Xchat screen. :))
>
> When logged into a channel - all you need to do is type what you want
> to say and press enter to send the text into the channel window! And
> now your in business. :))
>
> I suggest reading the Xchat manual pages at
> http://www.xchat.org/docs/xchat.html to find out how to make the best
> of Xchat. :))
>
> If I see you online - I can help with getting the MSN (GAIM) client
> going....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kylie

hi  its hiedi i still cand load msn or gaim when i done my comp lesson
con said that their is a help place in heidelberg and i might be able to
get help i am woundering is there a way someboby who knows what they r
doing might be able to come hear and help me with plug ins applet
                                please get back i hope i have emailed
this to the right place
                                                 hiedi