[Cbsupport] Removing Installed programs and Documents

Mark Clohesy hidden_soul at twistedsouls.com
Mon Apr 7 19:42:03 UTC 2003

Avery,

I dont know if this will help and I have no idea if it is the right way
as I myself am fairly new to linux..

To read a document file about a package on your computer have a look in
/usr/doc there are heaps there, you could go to a console and type man
/usr/doc for example man /usr/doc/galeon-common faq.gz to read the FAG's
on galeon, you dont need to know the exact name as you can just type a g
then use <TAB> to complete the rest.

As for removing software, I am assuming that you are using debian, if so
you can use apt get remove <package.name> so for instance to remove
galeon you would do apt-get remove galeon

If you dont know the package name do an apt-cache search galeon to get
the exact name of the package to remove

Well thats the way I would do it.. You will need root or su previlages to
use apt

--
  Mark "Zaney" Clohesy
  Aurally Challenged Australians

This email and any attachments may be confidential.  Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent
of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the
intended Recipient and then delete the email from your
inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium.

                          or over the web