[Cbsupport] Scanners under linux ?

Kylie Davies kylied at projectx.com.au
Tue Sep 24 12:23:01 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I had a question from one of our clients about scanners that work under
linux....

The client wants to know if the canon N6400pex (flatbed scanner) or a
Canon N670U (with usb interface) will work under linux?

I have been to this site at
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html - but this does not
report what i want to hear. Also this site is only for USB style scanners.

I then went to this site (same people) at
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners.html re non USB scanners

It seems the more recent model scanner is not listed...

Can anyone help me sort out whether or not these types of scanners (new
canons) will work under linux?

It seems that the epsom ones / HP ones work?

Anyone help? All replies to these lists...

Cheers,

Kylie

--
Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator
Email: kylied at projectx.com.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential and
the subject of legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent
of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the
intended Recipient and then delete the email from your
inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium.