[Cbsupport] Re:- KDE 3's kppp will not authenticate???

Vic Koci vics_art at iprimus.com.au
Fri Nov 15 20:29:01 UTC 2002

Hi All.

I've just had my computer updated to KDE 3 & i've a problem with the
Internet Dialer (kppp), it will not authenticate my login's.
I've checked the /etc/ppp/options & the 35th line has been edited to
_noauth_ as i had to with KDE 2.

I know _status 19_ is a failed authentication & i've even rang my ISP to
check my password etc. I've checked & double checked the password
& am about to pull what's left of my hair, out. For i've clocked up a few
bucks of phone calls trying to connect, without success.

Can anyone tell me if the ppp/options file should be edited, like KDE 2?
Because if it shouldn't of been edited, all i have to do is delete it & use
the original ppp/options file. ( they are identical except the 35th. line )

Other than that, i've checked everything i can think of & cannot work
out what's wrong.

Hoping for help.
Cheers,
Vic.