[Cbsupport] Help with KPPP ?

Kylie Davies kylied at projectx.com.au
Fri Nov 15 15:14:01 UTC 2002

Hi this came to me as a support issue - it should really go to the list. :)

For those folk that email me direct with support issues - I will fwd to
cbsupport where I may help with the question if i have time.

Hopefully many ppl will respond and help you more then I can.

Cheers,

Kylie

> I'm having a bugger of a time trying to get my KDE 3 machine connected
> to my ISP. It lets the modem ring & connect but the it disconnects, saying
> that " the ppp daemon died unexpectedly: Exit status19" ???
> I've checked with iprimus tech team & they said i was connecting, but
> not being authenticated. So i've checked my login name & password but
> still cannot login & get connected. Do you know what i may have done,
> or may not have done?
>
> I know in KDE 2.2.2 there was a bug with the kppp/options, (i had to put
> a no in front of auth in line 35 or 36) so i checked the kppp/options in KDE 3
> & they had the noauth already there, so i know it's not that.
>
> I've even queried the modem & everything looks ok there?
> ATI QUERY RESULTS:-
> ATI: 56000
> ATI1: 255
> ATI2: ..........
> ATI3: F/W NO:8607-V90_2M_DLS
> ATI4: 56000 BPS External Modem. D56RNS-X1
> ATI5: 040
> ATI6: RCV56DPF-PLL L8571A Rev 33.00/33.00
> ATI7: ..........
>
> I've even tried to find out what's wrong in the "man pages", but nothing i
> saw in there shed any light on my problem.
> Do you know of anything that may be causing my distress with KDE 3 &
> it's internet dialer?????? If so, i'd love some help.

Cheers,

Kylie

--
Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator
Email: kylied at projectx.com.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential and
the subject of legal professional privilege.  Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent
of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the
intended Recipient and then delete the email from your
inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium.