[Aslug] Bill's various pieces of open hardware...

Bill warvault at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:12:16 EST 2013

Hey guys, last I wrote, I had just landed a android HDMI stick media
player. $80 direct from China and the perfect compliment to my Raspberry Pi
(torrent slave) and my $99 LG Optimus One running cyanogenmod 10.
So January rolls around and I had a Jaycar voucher burning a hole in my
pocket. I picked up the Arduino experimenters kit for $90 with the
intention of converting my old Tamiya Madbull buggy into a streaming wifi
rover! Phase one of the project used the Raspi vnc'd into, to control the
buggy, tethered by ethernet. LAME! So a little research and I found the
TPLink MR3020, an OpenWRT-supported pocket router! $41 for those keeping
score at home... Now I am on the very
cusp of tying up this project, just have to build a control interface,
feeding serial signals over a tcp port. Too easy :|
Anyway if this piques anyone's interest, hit up the mailing list and I'll
chime in with what I can! Thanks guys...