[Aslug] Darwin Linux

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Wed Oct 5 21:43:48 EST 2011

Hi Everyone

My name is Scott Middleton.

I own www.linuxit.com.au and https://shop.linuxit.com.au. I am from Perth
and I am a financial member of PLUG - Perth Linux User Group.

I have a client in Darwin (Pinelands) that I will be attending this weekend
from the 7th October to the 10th - if things go right.

While my main job this weekend is to replace a Windows 2008 R1 Terminal
Server with new hardware, this client has a lot of Linux. Linux is in the
Mail Server, PDC, Backups (onsite and offsite) and NAS.

If anyone is interested in coming along for some experience, I am happy
to accommodate. I often do something similar in Perth. It will be mostly
boring but you will be able to see a heterogeneous network at work. The
client I work for (for over decade) is very accommodating so it should not
be a problem.

I would dearly love to meet a person who is in the I.T. industry or a
genuine Geek who has an interest in Linux and whom maybe able to do
some occasional low skilled paid work - often on weekends. It wont be every
month so don't think of it as a job opportunity but it would be good to find
someone who can actually speak my language. I often need to get parts from
Darwin and I simply do not get the best reliable advice.

If you are interested you can call me on my mobile. 0400 212 724
Or my main email address of scott at assuretek.com.au

Kind Regards

Scott Middleton