[Aslug] Fwd: (ASLUG) Ideas that were tossed around 11th May meeting

ninti at internode.on.net ninti at internode.on.net
Fri Jun 3 14:05:22 EST 2011

 Wed 8th is good with me.

Edan, I'm happy to help with CPanel.

Mike H

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fengh2005"
To:"aslug at lists.linux.org.au"
Sent:Thu, 2 Jun 2011 21:40:35 +0930
Subject:[Aslug] Fwd: (ASLUG) Ideas that were tossed around 11th May
meeting

 > Hi all
 > It is coming towards the second Wednesday of the month again.
 > How about a get-together next Wednesday(8th of June) ?
 >
 > Regards
 > Feng

On Behalf Of Edan Baxter
 > Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 12:50 PM
 > To: aslug at lists.linux.org.au [3]
 > Cc: Feng Huang; warvault at gmail.com [4]
 > Subject: (ASLUG) Ideas that were tossed around 11th May meeting
 >
 > Hi all,
 >
 > Sorry for delayed continuation of this thread.. My original post
got caught up in moderation..

 > I think we were talking about ways to promote the virtues of Linux
in the community and get a few more Asluggers to be part of the
discussions etc ..

 > edan

ideas of "open source culture" and the wider implications of different
licencing systems in general... (if I can improve my practical linux
skills - bonus)

 > Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback and comments around the
"Common Territory" project I am working on. I'll continue to keep the
group updated and maybe there will be potential for collaboration down
the track :)

 > Bill and Feng - I reckon it would be great to "see whos out there"
but coming from a website dev background, I tend to subscribe to the
"build it and those interested will come" principle. For example, if
ASLUG was to have a little stall at the Markets, great, but I think it
would be good to demonstrate "technology in action" as part of it.

 > Thus, if others on this list/in the general community see that
things are active and ASLUG is helping to facilitate interesting
conversations/ providing useful N00B advice/ working on interesting
projects, I am sure things will grow out of that.

 > Feng - Hmm in terms of communication methods.. well email here is
good, but forums would be helpful to document and discuss in more
detail..

 > I guess it depends on the outcome req'd.. For awareness raising -
dare I ask the question - is facebook a possibility? (such as
MelbourneLUG https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146247927013 [6]).