[Aslug] Fwd: AS Linux group support fo OLPC Au

krys haber krys.haber at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:35:06 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at laptop.org.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:45 +0930
Subject: Re: AS Linux group support fo OLPC Au
To: krys haber <krys.haber at gmail.com>

Hi Krys,

It's great that we have enthusiasm from technical people. From a
professional deployment and support perspective, we need to be careful
about how we enable and engage with our available resources.

I think we need to keep the teacher workshop focused on teaching
rather than technical matters, but we should take careful note of the
technical issues raised so that we can address them afterwards.

To start with, please refer people interested in technical matters to
OLPC Friends: http://www.olpcfriends.org/ . There is a discussion
Friends is a community group for people interested in OLPC, and is led
by myself. The goal is to allow people to discuss and contribute
without having to go through OLPC Australia.

I am thinking that we could run a separate workshop for people
interested in technical matters. We should bring Ian in on this.

Regards,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Co-ordinator