[Aslug] ASLUG : Examples of local use of Linux?

Michael Hall michael at mondoseo.com
Sat Dec 10 21:55:02 UTC 2005

All our schools run Red Hat servers on old equipment!

Congress runs a Slackware/Postfix mail server and a Slackware/Apache
intranet server that have not missed a beat in 2 years or so.

A few other businesses around town are running Slackware, Fedora and
ESmith servers, none Linux end-to-end.

Batchelor Institute has some Linux here and there, wherever Dennis and
Jessel manage to hide it. They have just had an official look at Moodle
too.

Ian Cunningham might have a terminal server network running somewhere
(Mutitjulu?) ... you there Ian? Would make a good example.

Steve Thiele probably knows about Linux use out at the "funny farm" ...
that Environmental What-ya-ma-call-it place out on Colonel Rose drive.
Would also make a good example.

Does anyone know if 8HA are using Linux/BSD for something, I know they
were talking about it.

Michael

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Adrian Casey wrote:

> I've been asked to write an article for Linux Format magazine about ASLUG.
> I'd like to include examples of Linux usage within our region.  I'm
> particularly interested in examples involving use of old equipment and
> end-to-end open source software.
>
> I need to get this article done in the next week so please, if you have any
> suggestions, get them to me ASAP.

Michael Hall & Maria Grazia Francischello
Ninti! E-Learning Resources
Web:    http://www.ninti.com.au
Email:  info at ninti.com.au
Phone:  08 8953 1442
Mobile: 0429 095 392
Post:   PO Box 8133, Alice Springs NT 0871