[Aslug] Please help: FTA petition and How To Help

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Apr 7 11:39:43 UTC 2004

Hi all!

	I usually just lurk on the list (Linux Australia likes a committee
member to keep in contact with each LUG, and I thought ASLUG sounded
cool, even though I've been slack at posting here).

	Most of us probably don't know much about the US Free Trade
agreement's Intellectual Property chapter.  Unfortunately, it contains
much we Free/Open Source people should fear, much along the lines of the
recent US experiences.

        Linux Australia have an information an "how to help" page:

        http://linux.org.au/fta

        Especially easy and important is signing the petition:

        http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/

Thankyou,
Rusty.
--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell