[Aslug] Meeting : Tuesday April 16th

Adrian Casey casey at outbacklinux.com
Sun Apr 14 20:26:04 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Just got back from Sydney (up at balding 4:30am, covered half the flippin'
country, but great to be back!).

Don't forget the meeting tomorrow night.  I read some very interesting Linux
magazines over the course of last week.  In particular, UK publications which
provide a completely different view of what the average Joe Blow is upto with
her Linux box.  I'll bring the mags along to the meeting so you can have a
look.

Also, each of the magazines carry their own cover CD's.  I'll bring them
along too as one contains the latest version of Open Office (the opensource
version of Sun's Star Office).  There is just too much software out there!  I
obviously need to trash my machine again and try some of it out!  In
particular, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for Linux - a topic which has
cropped up once or twice recently.

It's been a busy and long day.  As soon as I got home, I had to clean the
pool, turtle and gold fish (and the cat, of course).  I'm looking for forward
to a rest at work tomorrow ;-)

Seeya tommorow evening!
--
Cheers.