[Announce] Please make your voice heard!

Hugh Blemings president at linux.org.au
Sat Jan 7 19:41:47 AEDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

As you may be aware, the election for Committee members and Office
Bearers for Linux Australia is currently in the voting stage [0].

Ballots can be placed by members up until polls close at midnight on
Sunday January 15 - the evening before the AGM and commencement of
linux.conf.au in Hobart.

If you have not already done so, I urge you to vote - at the time of
writing we have less than 100 members having done so - well under 10% of
our Membership.

While this does not present a Constitutional issue the poll this year is
perhaps a little more significant than normal as there are two office
Bearer roles that are "contested" (amicably I hasten to add!)

Both the roles of Treasurer and President have two candidates to choose
from - I encourage you to review the statements made by the nominees to
understand their positions/platforms.

In particular the two candidates for President are (intentionally and
collaboratively) putting forward different visions for the future of
Linux Australia - a plebiscite of sorts.

We also have an enviable group of candidates to choose from for Ordinary
Committee Member - again worthy of your consideration.

Please take the time to vote while the polls are open, particularly if a
password reset might be needed - avoid the last minute rush :)

Thank you for your consideration and your support of your organisation.

Kind Regards,
Hugh

President, Linux Australia

[0] https://linux.org.au/membership/index.php?page=view-election&id=23